Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bully Boy


WE WRITE POEMS
asks us to don a mask and write as someone else

BULLY BOY

I bully because I enjoy it.
I get that from my Dad.
Once upon a time I was scared of him.
When he beat-up Mum 
I used to cringe in the corner.
I'd scream
'No! No! No!'
When he took the strap to me
I used to beg him
On my knees, to stop.
After a while I began to enjoy it
In a funny sort of way.
And when he hit Mum after that
I'd feel excited.
She wanted me to do well at school.
Silly woman!
What good would that do?
Dad was a weight-lifter.
I was too skinny and small to be a weight-lifter.
Got that from Mum.
Silly woman!
 I felt like a big man inside!
I hated my feeble body.
Then, one day, a little kid at school
Looked at me sideways.
I towered over him.
I liked the feeling.
When I twisted his arm
I felt a thrill.
When he screamed
I knew I was king of the earth.
Other kids stood around
Urging me on!
It was the best thing ever.
They were my friends!
Look at me, Dad!
I bully because I enjoy it.
*
---------------------------------------------------------

BLUE BELLE!

She came, she saw, she conquored!
She won the coveted prize.
And oh the look of a champion
That's shining in her eyes!
'Decorate a hat!' they said.
Most had a ribbon bow
But her's was the creation
That won the 'best in show'!
*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the excellent works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
Also see my web site > fast weight loss tips