Saturday, March 10, 2012

On The Nose


GRANDMA'S GOULASH
asks for a VERY short story

ON THE NOSE!

Off to a Masked Ball in his mask.
Finding a tux was quite a task.
Nothing doing in the local junk.
It smelt so bad he simply went as Skunk.
(140 characters)
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



 NOT SO EASY!

Not so easy on the eye,
This area for relaxing!
I'd find the coloured 'pebbles'
Quite uncomfortable and taxing.
Even if I closed my eyes
The lids would be invaded,
By brilliance quite invasive
And I'd beg for something shaded.
If I were reading a novel
Bright dots would fill each page,
And, after a while, I'd discard the book,
In a fit of childish rage!
If I were chatting to a friend
In this very startling place,
Little dots of colour would
Start dancing on his face!
I think I'd start to mutter
'How much more can I take!'
As my eyes began to cross
And my head began to ache.
No, give me something soothing
I beige or blue or green.
This agitated colour-scheme
Is certainly not my scene!
*

4 comments:

Pat said...

What a fastidious and ingenious raccoon to come up with a skunk disguise when the garden supplies and trash proved to be so malodorous!

I agree with you about the decor of the lounge--it doesn't lend itself to relaxing at all!

Kay L. Davies said...

Love the raccoon going in a skunk suit instead of a tux, Brenda.
K

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Haha...I like the idea of him opting for the skunk costume. The epitome of working with what he has!

Grandma's Goulash said...

Such a clever solution to his costume dilemma. Good one.