Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hard Hats



ABC WEDNESDAY
http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com.au/
Letter 'H'

HARD HATS

Evolution punished us by giving us large brains!
At times, abilities we lost seem to out-weigh the gains.
Our ancestors, the monkeys, were so adept in the trees,
Swinging there from branch to branch with 'superhuman' ease.
These Big-Brains must be tutored before they go aloft!
And helmets must protect their brains! Grey matter's rather soft!
Above them are the platforms, the ladders and the ropes,
And they'll get a sort of monkey-feel; that's what each one hopes.
We long to fly, we long to dive! Yes, we are at great pains
To turn back Time to Paradise, before we grew big brains!
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------




HUMILITY

How I'd love to express my humility!
How I'd love everybody to say.......
*
' It's amazing that she is so humble
When she could act the opposite way.
She's got wealth, she's got looks, she's got power;
She's got beauty and wit; she's got charm;
She looks young but her wisdom is ageless;
She's serene with an aura of calm.
She writes books and her dress-sense is faultless;
As an athlete she's rarely out-classed.
Her cooking is tastily perfect
And her repartee's rarely surpassed.
You'd think she'd be proud as a peacock
And strut about sneering at us,
But no, she's so humble and modest
Self-effacing, rejecting all fuss!'
*
I'd be humble as humble, I promise!
I'd never be stuck-up or proud;
I'd hide my light under a bushel
And merge with the rest of the crowd.
I'm waiting to prove my humility;
Throughout all the years I've persisted!
I'd deny all my attributes gladly
If only the damn things existed!
*

3 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Some truth to the first one, Brenda.
But the second made me laugh and laugh. Your humility is exceeded only by your modesty.
K

Roger Owen Green said...

Important to protect the HEAD lest the brain get HURT.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

ansi hard hats said...

Well It is safety equipment and can be say that protection is more important in any activity. If we doing jumping,sky diving or something different hard hats is necessary.