Thursday, December 15, 2011

Preparation


SENSATIONAL HAIKU
 5/7/5

PREPARATION
(A practical haiku)

Preface every move
With a picture in your mind.
Success will be yours.
*
------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE STILLNESS
( Snow in England)

The voice on the telephone
Sounded a world away.
Which it was.
'I'm looking out at the Channel' he said.
'Everything is quiet.
The roads are closed.
Everything is still'.
*
And I could see it,
 Remember it,
Re-paint the picture in my mind.
Snow by the  English Channel.
The snow of my childhood.
*
Snow makes the dark light
And the light dark.
The sky is leaden and solid.
The world is light, airy
And not of this world.
The sea draws a grey line
Between the two.
*
But it is the stillness
That I remember most.
The utter muffling
Of all sound.
A white deafness.
An enchantment.
*
Maybe I shall never see snow again.
But I shall remember it,
Whenever I am still.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------
PS
The Silly Season continues apace. I haven't always remembered my camera, so the Scrabble Party and Malcolm's Club party went unrecorded. But we did a little casual play at Figtree Nursing Home this-morning and here were are, lined-up, afterwards. I was merely going to announce, hence I'm not in the black that we usually wear. I have a yellow hard-hat on my head as I had to take the part of The Woodsman, after one of our party couldn't attend. What a fine body of women!


No comments: