Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Puff Ball


WHITE WEDNESDAY

PUFF BALL

Puff-ball perfection, white upon white;
Each flower identical, rotund and bright.
A bold sphere of elegance heralding Spring
And all the delights that the season will bring.
A big side-walk bonus that lights up the street.
A bubble of brilliance to prove life is sweet.
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEEP OUT!

The sign above just seems to shout
'Private Property! Keep Out!'
Athough there are other ways to reach
The sea, the pools, the waves, the beach,
It still seems a little feudal;
We are mongrels to their poodle!
They will have no truck with us....
Folk who've come there on the bus!
Jesus once announced, I'm sure,
'They are always with us'; he meant The Poor.
And so it will be, I know, for ever;
Some will be stupid and some clever;
Some will be rich, some impecunious
(And the latter type is multitudinous!)
Communism hoped to be
A way to human equalty
But ask an impoverished Muscovite
If the system worked alright!
Some people will always have the lot;
The house built in the premier spot.
And they will always erect a sign
Saying 'Keep Out! What's mine is mine!
Thank goodness we're allowed to say
'I'll reach the beach by another way'.
*

VISIT ME AT
for a great prize.

1 comment:

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm still giggling about the rotund daisies. Maybe I'll steal the adjective to describe my dog.
I've written some doggerel today, by the way. It's quite dreadful but it's on my blog. The only way I'll ever improve is to write it, put it out there for all the blogosphere to see, and be driven to do better out of dismay, shame, or panic.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel