Sunday, July 24, 2011

In My Head



CARRY ON TUESDAY

The words on blue are from a song by Amy Winehouse.

IN MY HEAD

In my head I paint a picture of myself as a little child,
Before the drugs and alcohol made my life so bleak and wild.
I can hear my mother say to Dad 'Tammy's such a little pet.
All pink and white and frilly! She'll be a hit, I bet.
She's got such a pretty little voice and delicious little face.
When she grows up she'll be admired for her singing and her grace.
We'll send her to singing lessons, and, maybe, ballet too,
And also deportment classes! Yes! That's what we'll do!
I can see her now up on the stage singing lovely little songs.
Yes, up there in the spotlight! That's where she belongs!'
But drugs and alcohol came along and stole my life away.
In my head I paint a picture of where I could have been today.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GOLDEN CASTLE

Frozen in Time
The elemental prancing
Of little children
*

6 comments:

Anna :o] said...

The dreams we have as children, the dreams we have as parents.

Excellently portrayed.

Anna :o]

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

beautiful imagination, well done.

Jess PJ said...

The things parents lead their children into, at times unknowingly. Sounds like many a child star's life.

Nara Malone said...

Sad how much prmoise gets washed down that same drain. Great write.

WyomingDiva said...

Loved it - I very much relate! But there is always hope!

Unknown said...

Fabulous writes, both. The first has a sadness to it & the other pure joy:-)