Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Odd Woman Out!


RUBY TUESDAY
ODD WOMAN OUT!

I've been odd-woman-out all weekend!
The Rugby Grand Final was on!
While all Australia went crazy
I wished the whole thing gone!
Even my friends, all 'old ladies',
Were swept up in the 'thrill'.
I found the TV coverage
A positive over-kill!
To disguise my lack of interest
I chose a team to support.
I chose 'St George' for it's 'English' *sound.....
That was my only thought!
That's how I won the Grand Final!
What do you think of that?
But don't tell anyone the reason!
 Keep it under your hat!

* I have dual nationality!
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------



SUMMER BLOOMS.

When in the town, busy shopping,
In admiration I was stopping,
To view these blooms along the way!
I only hope they make your day!
*

11 comments:

Kramer said...

What was the line? For God, For Harry and for St. George! (Henry V)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Keep it under your hat.. gotta love that!

My Ruby Tuesday

Margaret Gosden said...

A good bet, blood being thicker than water?

wenn said...

nice.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The flowers are gorgeous. And I loved the way you won the rubgy pool! I feel just like you do about all sports in general. (Of course I've never seen rugby -- maybe it would be the exception -- I doubt it tho!)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow, how cool!

Snooze said...

No interest in football in this neck of the woods ... but the enthusiasm is infectious.
Happy Ruby Tuesday.
My Ruby Redness

Gemma Wiseman said...

You feel about Rugby the way I feel about AFL here in Victoria! Just to survive, you need to know something and support something!

Diane T said...

What a fun poem! It made me smile. Congratulations on your win!

Kat said...

"I have dual nationality!"

mmmmm.... either way, you'll win..!!!

thanks for the mesmerising flowers.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love it that your team won! :)