Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thumb Print


LOTS OF LAUGHTER

Joe's waiter brought his food to him and oh! For goodness sake!
The waiter's thumb was planted right on top of the steak!
A greasy thumb on top of a steak! No wonder Joe was riled;
In fact, I would go further, he went completely wild!
'Take that dirty thumb off my steak!' he yelled 'It's quite obscene!
In fact it's the nastiest practice that I have ever seen!
I'll report you to the manager! Your thumb is really dirty!'
Replied the waiter 'Hey! Hang on! There's no need to get shirty!
I've got to keep my thumb on it! Don't be such a pain!
If I don't hold the steak firmly it will fall on the floor again!'
*
----------------------------------------------------------------


MUSTY DUSTY

What is this life, if, full of care
And wondering if a title's there,
We can't drift round with searching looks
Among the old and dusty books?
We can't leaf through the yellowing pages
Of novels written in past ages,
And see, on the inside of the cover,
The signature of a former lover,
Lover of books of every kind,
To warm the heart and feed the mind?
Computers never, for all their power,
Will serve us such a shining hour
As that spent with the wit and lore
That we may find in an old book store.
*

4 comments:

k a shaw said...

Hello, I couldn't find the comment box for dirty thumb, I would just like to say I loved it, brilliant, I will read more tomorrow x
I'm going to add you to my blogroll because I think you are great
http://kashaw.wordpress.com/

Ramesh Sood said...

Very funny.. I loved the last line when he reveals the real truth.. my god.. hope you didn't eat.. of course.. you made me laugh..lets continue with the fun.. do visit to look at my take..

Anonymous said...

That's the way to make me laugh out loud, Rinkly. Bravo.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your sense of humor...
lovely job!


My Entry