Saturday, June 5, 2010

Q. and Answer


Maxine says
"If you're not supposed to stick Q-tips in your ears what the hell are they for?"

MAXINE ON SATURDAY

Q. AND ANSWER!

Oh Maxine! How indelicate! You've really made me blush!
When it comes to topics such as these I think you ought to hush!
What goes on in the bathroom is always between four walls.
I don't want to be pictured standing in my 'smalls'!
Or even, heaven help us, in just my aged skin
Fiddling about with Q-tips, twiddling them in!
Let's pretend they're made for babies, to clean their little noses!
They're certainly designed for that, or that's what one supposes!
So just picture a gurgling baby attractively in the nude!
Any other possibility is just too awfully rude!
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*

ODDITIES!

Most of the dust around your house is made of cast-off skin!
Pearls will melt in vinegar, so never drop them  in!
Donkeys kill more people than crashes on the road.
Chewing-gum was first to have the well-known trade bar-code.
Venus rotates clockwise, the only planet that does.
Apples in the morning are better than a caffeine buzz.
A duck's quack doesn't echo and no-one quite knows why.
Walt Disney was afraid of mice (what a nervous guy!)
You burn more calories asleep than watching your TV.
If you want to know important things always apply to me!
*

4 comments:

Rune Eide said...

I'm glad we don't have donkeys in Norway :-)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'm with Maxine, what do you use them for anyway? Cute one, love the poem. Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

maryt/theteach said...

Wonderful and funny poem to accompany Maxine and her Q-tips. Thanks Brenda! :)

Judi said...

Very nice, but I don't think Maxine has boundaries. Expect to be invited into places the rest of us had rather not go.