Sunday, May 16, 2010

Those Baby-Blues!


BLUE MONDAY
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

THOSE BABY-BLUES!

If  I were a blue-eyed lemur (and I'm rather glad I'm not)
And I met a brown-eyed lemur whose blood was running hot,
I'd avoid his loving advances and tell him to get lost,
Making it plain as a pike-staff that our stars were certainly crossed.
For brown-eyed lemurs are ho-hum; they're ten-a-penny indeed,
Whereas the blue-eyed lemur is a very special breed.
In the jungles of Madagascar we'd play games among the trees,
But anything like an 'engagement' (a la the birds and bees)
Would make me seethe with resentment and possibly blow a fuse,
For all the babies would have brown eyes, not my beautiful blues.
As it is with our human neighbours, my blue's a recessive gene,
So I'd have to find a blue-eyed beau, if you know what I mean.
So, if I happened to chance upon a gorgeous blue-eyed male
Who was looking-out for a love-affair, I'd catch him by the tail!
'Come up and see me sometime' I'd whisper tenderly
'Then all my dear little babies would have blue eyes just like me.'
*
--------------------------------------------------------------

WISH
(An Acrostic)

Wishing is a way of dreaming with the dream quite close at hand,
In my dreams I manufacture thoughts I can't quite understand.
So wishes bring my hopes much closer, possibly realised.
Hope and wish may soon deliver that which I have fantasised.
*

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love your whimsical and adorable poem and lemur! Encore!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

luna said...

Oh..these blue eyes!!!
Happy BM..Luna

SmilingSally said...

Morning, Brenda. My eyes are brown, but my mother's were blue, blue, blue. One of my granddaughters was fortunate enough to "get" Nana's eyes. So that recessive gene tip toes along! (Of course, I married a guy with some blue in his family tree, and our son has green/blue eyes.) Happy Blue Monday.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This post was so delightful! The blue eyed lemur left me laughing...hubby has blue eyes as does my dad...I have brown and my kids are two with blue and one with brown...go figure! Your wish poem was lovely.

Decor To Adore said...

Your blue makes my heart go pitter pat. I adore it.

Becky said...

I've never seen a blue-eyed lemur before. How cute he is! Thanks for sharing the photo. And happy Blue Monday.

Ann said...

The blue eyed lemur is very cute. Enjoyed your rhyme very much. My mom has blue eyes and she so generously gave them to my granddaughter Olivia... So crystal blue-love them.
Ann

Joyful said...

Gives new meaning to the phrase "lovely blue eyes" ;-) Great shot.

eileeninmd said...

They do have lovely blue eyes. Enjoyed your post and photo!