Thursday, February 11, 2010

Playtime!


 




A man growing old becomes a child again. Sophocles.

PLAYTIME

Ladies of a certain age, out for a docile stroll,
Saw the playground equipment and said 'Well! Bless my soul!
I feel like having a go at that! There's nobody here to see!
I'll pretend that I'm a monkey in the branches of a tree!'
So there and then they all skimmed up, some quickly, some sedately.
(It was easy to see, among the group, who hadn't exercised lately!)
Of course, I'd have been the most agile, climbing high as a giraffe,
But I was otherwise occupied, taking the photograph!
*
Yes I know it's Second Childhood, but, when all is said and done,
We ladies of a certain age still have a lot of fun!
*

3 comments:

Margaret Gosden said...

Looks fun. I always thought playgrounds should include something for the adults besides seats! Good shot.

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun, indeed! Very cool.

Paz

Anonymous said...

Great shot!! I love when adults embrace their inner child!