Monday, January 4, 2010

One Thing Leads to Another!


Margaret Gosden


ONE THING LEADS TO ANOTHER!

Of course, I'd heard of Margaret; we met when in our teens.
And that was many, many years ago.
But I'd never heard of Morandi, an artist of repute.
That's his work you're looking at, below.


On Margaret's blog she featured him, in connection with her jars;
Her similar arrangement you can see.
So one thing led to another and I 'Googled' the gentleman!
'Googling's' a way of life with me!


I'd never heard of Chardin, Morandi's inspiration,
So I 'Googled' him as well, just for good measure.
Kitchen scenes delighted him several centuries ago;
Each work of art is treated as a treasure.



And I'd never heard of Tim Groen, a more modern gentleman,
Whose work is of a similar persuasion.
It seems to me that 'Googling' is like going back to school.
What a way to get an education!
*

Margaret enjoys getting her photographic inspiration from well-loved artworks. Visit her blog to enjoy her technique!
http://margaretgosden2.blogspot.com/2010/01/monochrome-monday-thinking-about.html

8 comments:

Dave King said...

I had heard of Chardin, b ut not of any of the others. Thanks for introducing them. I shall have to try to get better acquainted.

mrsnesbitt said...

Love the way you give all your blogging pals a moment of stardom, what a gem you are!
Happy New Year!
Dxx

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing? The wealth of information available at our fingertips!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

How true. All the research we do for our blog posts is a real education - and a delightful one at that.

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

BT said...

Now that's an interesting idea. I get my photographic inspiration from the world around me, junk, quirky things I see but I'm always on the look out for new ideas. Any sunflowers around?

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Gina (BT)

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are all charming, but my favorite is the modernistic one with the pink background. What a delightful series of photos.

Lindy said...

Great post! I'm a real sucker for Google; it's a convenience I'd rather not do without. I love being able to find quickly what I want or need to know. As you stated, it leads on and on...
=)

Thanks for visiting my Mellow Yellow Monday post.

Margaret Gosden said...

Thanks to both you and Geraldgee for your informative comments on this Monochrome Weekly post. I had no idea that my 'technique' might set off such
an interesting chain of interest! You are now included in the post as a PS.