Tuesday, March 3, 2009

321.Rain Songs



THINK GREEN THURSDAY

Written from a land where drought rules.

RAIN SONGS

The song of the rain in Autumn
Is the sound of the falling leaves
And the small birds that shelter
Underneath the dripping eaves.
The song of the rain in Winter
Is the sound of the distant snow
As the chill from the icy mountains
Reaches us here below.
The song of the rain in Springtime
Is a bright and happy tune
The city grows ever greener
On a rainy afternoon.
But the song of the rain in Summer
Is the loveliest song of all
As we lift up our hot, dry faces
And let its blessings fall.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, what a lovely way to start my day! What a lovely poem and it creates such a beautiful vision in my mind.

Darlene said...

What a lovely poem and it describes rain so beautifully. Because I live in the desert, I really appreciate rain.

Kat said...

What a lovely rain song.

I want to take a print of this and carry it to show to a taxi driver.

Once, in Charlotte while driving from airport to hotel, it was pouring. And those were the first rains there, that year.

Proudly I told the taxi-driver who was struggling to drive that when good people come to a place, it rains.

He said " don't come back"..!!!

Marbles in My Pocket said...

Wonderful! I can almost remember rain. Maybe again someday!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/farmers-lament/