Sunday, January 25, 2009

283A Reflections


Elizabeth Wix published this photo. It caught my eye so I tossed-off a little bit of nonsense about it.

REFLECTIONS

I can see myself in that, Sis!
I think that's really cool!
If I wore that on Saturday
Wouldn't Taylor drool!
She wouldn't have the legs for it!
Her legs are white and skinny!
While mine are really rather cute!
And I look good in a mini.
I can see myself in that, Sis!
I really like the scarf!
Wouldn't Taylor hate me!
And wouldn't I have a laugh!
She's always got the latest gear!
She makes me feel a fool!
Wouldn't I go one-up on her
If I wore it to school!
I can see myself in that Sis!
But the gloves are a bit way-out.
And the model hasn't got a head!
That's Taylor, without a doubt!

Oh here comes Taylor herself Sis!
She's just come round the bend.
Let's step out and meet her.
(Taylor is my best friend.)



8 comments:

Lucy said...

That cute poem was inspired by that one picture? WOW, now YOU are what I call a real writer Rinkly!!

danni said...

i can hear that girl as if she were beside me and chattering as grand daughters do --- and i love your music tonight - thanks for such a treat!!!

Kat said...

Sigh... that's what talent is casually called ".... I tossed-off a little bit of nonsense ..." ?

Loved the finale... "...Taylor is my best friend." :)))

Dimple said...

I agree with the previous comments! Great post all around!

cieldequimper said...

Cool! Both the shot and the poem!

Anonymous said...

So you say Taylor is a chicken legged mama? Hah

Amazing the power of images when we simply let go and give our inner spirit (our dragon) free reign.

Nice poem to complement a neat photo.

James said...

I love the picture and you certainly have a way with words. :)

Thérèse said...

Both reflections are cool!!!